Information sixties Triumph distributor

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Information sixties Triumph distributor
From: Alex van Zanten <A.van.Zanten@inter.nl.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 20:24:55 +0100
Dear all,

Last year I finished the restoration of my '58 TR3a. My car was imported
from the States in 1991. The last known owner lives in Abilene TX and
the license was last issued 1983. I contacted the person over allmost a
year ago using snail-mail. But received no reply. I am trying to gather
as much historic info on my car as possible.

The trace from the factory shows my car was shipped to the States late
1958. It was shipped to CAL SALEC INC. In the Bill Piggot book Triumph
by name, Triumph by nature to adds are reproduced from this company. The
adress at that time was 1957 West 144th Street, Gardena, California.
Can anybody give me information regarding this company? Does it still
exist?
Does anyone know someone who formerly worked there?

I am considering trying to approach the previous owner again. This time
by telephone. Do you have any suggestions on the approach to use, since
he didn't react at all on my letter (and fotograph).

Regards, Alex.
'58 TR3a
The Netherlands