Re: re Vitesse mods

To: "Andrew Linkens" <alinkens@nuera.com>, <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>
Subject: Re: re Vitesse mods
From: "David Hill" <DavHill@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 21:49:18 -0000
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Linkens <alinkens@nuera.com>
To: GuyotLeonF@aol.com <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: 04 February 1999 10:30
Subject: re Vitesse mods

Hi, Andy,

Just a thought. the Reliant Scimitar used Truimph TR-derived front
suspension. As the Scimitar got bigger and heavier, reliant started
modifying the parts. For example, the stub axle diameter was increased
twice. In use, the ultimately beefed-up TR6 suspension was asked to carry
more weight and give more travel than ever intended but it worked, provided
it was maintained.
Re. your point, the power steered Scimitars retained brass trunnions, albeit
substantially bigger than Vitesse items. Howver, the PAS trunnions had a
greater castor angle, which was presumably to improve straight line feel.
Incidentally, the PAS racks kept blasting their selas apart on the SE6
model. On the revised SE6a, the pump pressure was reduced to help with this.
I believe reconditioned racks still pop seals anyway.

Regards,

David Hill

>- Power steering - the 2000 has a substantial bottom ball joint, the
Vitesse