RE: 76 TR6 - What is the label that goes on the left side wheel a rch o

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'Peter Zaborski'" <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: RE: 76 TR6 - What is the label that goes on the left side wheel a rch opposite the distributor?
From: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 10:17:20 -0500 charset="iso-8859-1"
My 76 TR6 also appears never to have had any plate on the wheel arch (no
marks, discoloration, difference in fading, etc) but does have the two
"rivet" holes in the wheel arch. Everyone on the list that has a 76 TR6 (and
maybe 75's also?), open your bonnet and look at the top of your left side
inner wheel arch.  Does anyone find anything other than two small holes but
no plate?  I was considering filling these holes in when I eventually
refinish my engine bay.  I would guess that maybe any 76's that have had the
engine bay repainted may have done the same which will confuse us even more.
I'd be curious to know what the historians have to say.  Regards, Greg