Re: TR6 factory warranty voided

To: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 factory warranty voided
From: "Johnny Storm: International Racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 12:41:24 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: "'Triumphs List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, Hutmacher, Greg wrote:

> I dug out my Kastner comp prep manual that I bought 15 years ago and read it
> last night just for grins.  I was disturbed to see that in the first
> paragraph, it says that if I make any of these modifications to my TR6, I
> will void my factory warranty!  I don't want to do anything that might
> jeopardize my warranty.  I might need to take my six down to the local BL
> dealer for warranty service.  :-)

 There was a case of a very low mileage Dolly owned by an old fella who
died pretty soon after he bought the Car. It was laid up perfectly and
when driven away by the new enthusiast he noted it hadn't had it's first
major (and free!) service. The now Rover dealer kept their side of the
bargain and completed the service for free! I can see you all now
reaching for the power drill!!!!:-)

       Johnny '70 Viterald (mileage just over 5000, hmm.....)