Re: TR6 Bumpers Needed

To: Jeff Slaton <66austin@mursuky.campus.mci.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Bumpers Needed
From: Bob Jones <Jones_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:33:42 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jeff:
After 24 years and 270,000 miles, I decided to rest my rear center bumper
piece last fall.  I plan eventually to have the dent  taken out and the
piece replated.  In the meantime, I purchased a replacement from TRF.  John
Swauger was forth-right in advising that the replacement available now is
not up to the quality standard of the originals, but they are all that is
available. They will do , even though they are not as heavy or the chrome
as good as the originals.  Even if you were to find a NOS, after all these
years it would have to be replated.  That is your choice, get a not so
grand replacement or find an original and have it rechromed.
As to the wooden steering wheels, you are probable referring to Moto Lita
wheels, made in England, and the traditional replacement for Triumphs.  I
bought mine direct from the factory by calling them on the phone.  They do
have a distributor in the US and several of the LBC dealers carry some of
the styles.  By buying direct I saved a couple of bucks and, more
importantly, was able to get the style closest to the original (15", flat,
Leather, three spokes, with slots).  I have not found that style carried
here by any of the dealers.  Now for the wood rim ones, that's another
story.
Bob