TR3A filler tube

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A filler tube
From: Jim Higgins <seamus@iwaynet.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 17:50:39 -0500
Thanks to all on the list who responded: TeriAnn, fred, Brent, Russell,
Russell (anyone figured out what's causing the doubles), and Alex.  I
have decided that my biggest problem is the hose is so old that it has
no flex left, so I'll have to find a replacement.

In his response, Alex mentioned a fibre washer.  Where can I find such a
large washer or do I need to fabricate.  My plan had been to seal this
area with a tiny bit of silicon.  Now I must wonder if this could harm
the paint or have some other unintended consequences.

I guess I should mention that my goal for this car is to have a solid
driver that looks good from about ten feet away.

TIA

Jim Higgins

'58 TR3A (Sorry, confused my cars age with myone in the last post)
'62 MGA (garage litter)