TR4 Trunnion installation questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Trunnion installation questions
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 21:41:45 -0600
Listers,

I'm in the process of rebuilding the front suspension and am currently
installing the lower tunnions onto the vertical links.

There seems to be a discrepancy between what the manual says to do and
what seems to work.

When I disassembled the trunnions from the vertical links I had to remove
the caliper bracket from the vertical link before I could spin the trunnion
off.
Well I was reading the service manual to make sure I assembled everything
properly (theres a first for everything you know!) and it says to bolt the
caliper bracket to the vertical link AND then screw the trunnion onto the
vertical link.  If thats the case then I won't be able to screw the trunnion on
all the way.

Has anyone experienced this delima or is it just me?  Any other insights for
front end rebuilds would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 12/3/98)

1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L -- 1973 Spitfire 1500 FM3353U
1962 TR4 CT288L          -- 1965 TR4 CT38888LO parts car?
1959 TR3A TS41311L       -- 1959 TR3A TS53523L parts car
1951 Dodge Truck B-3-B-108