Re: Falcon exhaust--quality?

To: "Scott Decker" <sdecker@bellsouth.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Falcon exhaust--quality?
From: Tom Beaver <beaver@spillmanco.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:50:55 -0500
At 11:46 AM 1/26/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Listers--
>
>I'm considering putting a new exhaust system on the GT6.  Can anyone make
>any recommendations for a high-flow system sold in the states?  I've seen
>the Falcon systems; anyone have one of these?

Scott
The Falcon system is based on the stock design and is not a "flow through".
I have the Falcon system on my 73 GT. I have put on two Falcon systems on
my Triumphs. The front pipe on the GT did not fit properly between the
chassis rails and after numerous phone calls, etc exchanged it and the
second one I got fit perfect. The other system I got was for my 8. The
problem here was a poor fit on the back pipes to the intermediate pipes. I
just clamped it the best I could.

 Or should I just have a
>system fabricated?  The local muffler shop is willing to do this; I haven't
>discussed cost.
Sounds good to me if you want a free flow system. TSSC has some pretty cool
looking systems in the UK. I believe they have three levels(stock,
semi-stock and full sport).