Re: petrol prices (non-LBC)

To: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Subject: Re: petrol prices (non-LBC)
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 23:13:04 -0800
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Greg, same thing with the SF Bay area... refineries are 30-40 miles
away, tankers drop anchor in the Bay, why are gas prices only now
dipping below $1.20 gal.? Front page newspaper stories and TV
investigative reports about once a month  about why prices here are
higher than just about anywhere in the country. My guess would be
"captive consumers", relatively little alternative to the freeway
commute. Lots of cars, lots of miles. Lots of  demand for gas... if you
want to get to work and back & pay the mortgage.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L

--