Re: Oil Pump for TR6 and Vanderveil Bearings (fwd)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Pump for TR6 and Vanderveil Bearings (fwd)
From: Aaron Johnson <sugar@holly.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 09:52:39 -0700 (MST)

Brian;
        I hate to say it but it's not a rumor.  I've had an oil pump on
back order from VB for about a month now.  And after them saying 3 times
that they were sending tomorrow, I finally talked to someone who had a
clue.  The date for them to come in was marked TBA, I asked what that
means, and the reply was that they have no supplier.  I doubt you will be
able to get one from rimmer bros. either.  As far as your rings
go...cancel the back order and call VB and you'll have them in a week.
There is a guy here in denver with some wierd sources for this stuff, he
called every where for an oil pump and came up with the same response I
got from VB, although he did find .005" thrust washers.  I don't know
where and don't want to ask him, since he is trying to run his business.
VB doesn't sell oversize thrusts but you can ask them.

Aaron

p.s. you should try ging a set of tappets, even more fun.  8 week
backorder form TRF, 6 From moss and my guy in denver will have them by
Friday, cheaper than any of them!