Racing Vitesse

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Racing Vitesse
From: dezn490@wadnr.gov (dave eaton)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 07:30:51 -0800

If the Mike Cook that's refured to is ths small paper
back then that is the Kasner Brophy(sp) Trans-Am car
it was painted white with redish brown and yellow strips
The Mike Rockett car I think had been a back up car but not sure. I was painted
white with blue and white
stripping (Tyee Triumph Club colors) and race under
the TYCO RACEING banner. TYCO being a Seattle Triumph
parts and repair shop. The car had at time a Datsan
510/240Z rear suspension and could have had a Datsan
tranny in it (sorry I don't remember to long ago).
At one point the car was sold to some one in British
Columbia Canada and ended up with a Ford engine in it
the it went to England where it was re-Triumphtized
and was club raced there until it was sold to the
gentelman that is selling it now.

Even today I wake up at night sometimes in the middle
of the night wondering why I didn't buy this car when
I had the chance from Mike back in the 70's when it was
real real cheap.  OH well.........

Leon Guyot of the TSSC did an article some time back on both of these cars.
Leon you out there ????

Dave Eaton
71 GT6 MK3
68 Spitfire MK3