TR6 carb-manifold barrier?

To: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 carb-manifold barrier?
From: Tim Gaines <mtgaines@cs1.presby.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:35:42 -0500
>To all
>
>Does anyone have suggestions on how a fiberboard radiator shroud can be
>protected to get a longer useful life?  Any type of paint that should be
>used?  TIA
>
>Frank
>'76 TR6 CF57005U

This reminded me of a somewhat similar question I have about my
recently purchased TR6.  In fact, I think I remember some discussion
of this when I first got on the list but before I was so interested
in TR6s.  Is there some sort of barrier available to prevent gas from
dripping out of a carb onto or near the exhaust manifold?  My 1980 Spit
has just such a barrier which easily bolts on, and I have always thought
that it was a great idea.  It wouldn't be too difficult to fashion
something similar for the TR6, but if it is already out there . . .

Tim Gaines
1980 Spitfire
1974 TR6