Re: Excessive Winter Humidity in Garage

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Excessive Winter Humidity in Garage
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 19:14:59 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Jack (and list)

This condensation is "normal" given temperature fluctuations.  It is not
necessarily good.  A large bag of silica gel (Dryit is one trade name I've
seen at the Home Depot) in the cockpit would help draw moisture away from
other things.  Removing as much carpet as is practical also worked for me
here in Manitoba.

BTW, for outdoor storage, this problem becomes most evident as the sun warms
in later winter.  The snow on the car acts as an insulation blanket and
heat-from-the-sun retainer.  The combo produces moisture EVERYWHERE under
the car, including all the places that rust.  I always removed the cover as
soon as the snow got "sticky" in feb/march, and once the high - degree days
started, the cover came off.

The preceding is just the extra we need OT go through in the colder
climates - please note "your problem could be worse" but the same procedures
will thus help you more.

Dave T
Winterpeg