Re:[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net: Admin request of typ

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net: Admin request of typ
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 13:26:20 -0500
Let's see cold weather then warm weather, brownish WHITE color on plugs.   .
Can you remember if the gas tank was full when the weather got cold?  If it
wasn't full you might have gotten some condensation in your gas tank and now
you're trying to burn some water.  If it sloshes around you could get an
intermittent problem when it's on the road.  Water sinks in gas so think about
where it might be in relation to the fuel line on the tank when the problem
occurs.  E.g uphill would the water flow towards the outlet on the tank?  Or
when you accelerate would the water do the same?

Try a bottle of isopropyl (SP?)...you know Heat or something like it that will
absorb and burn the the water as it goes through the fuel system.  Might want to
dump your fuel filter out too in case there's some water that's taken up
residence there.

Or maybe it's a leaky float valve like I had recently that's letting fuel flow
into the carb and making it sputter when you accelerate and pull that extra fuel
into the mixing chamber.

Bud