Re: Exhaust manifold question

To: Anthony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Subject: Re: Exhaust manifold question
From: Brian Ricker <brianr@mvp.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 08:13:01 -0600 (CST)
Cc: vinttr4@geneseo.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Anthony Gordon wrote:

> Really don't know - if you post this question to the list, I am sure you
> will get an answer.  Just looked at the TRF catalog, and it lists 2
> different part numbers, but doesn't give a clue as to whether the 2 are
> inter-changable.
>
> >Exhaust manifolds -- my 71 TR6 has the single pipe manifold -- do you
> >know offhand if the dual downpipe manifold will fit the early head?
> >--
> >uncle jack
> >61 TR4 Rallye Replica Racer
> >71 TR6 Street Car named Desire

Suppposedly the port spacing difference is only on the intake ports, and
that the exhaust manifolds are interchangeable (obviously you'd have the
right exhaust behind it (single vs double pipe). Kastner says a single
pipe is more efficient, but he might have been talking about with
a header.

--
Brian Ricker                    brianr@mvp.net
Ballwin MO

'70 TR6 CC56818L (early head, soon to be 9.5:1, and an S2 cam waiting to
go in)