POR-15 and swiss cheese

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: POR-15 and swiss cheese
From: Bush4brits@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 23:29:34 EST
Hi fellow scions,
I know this thread has kicked around at one time or another.......but I never
had a vested interest until now.
I was very much impressed with a demonstration of POR-15 at a recent swap meet
in Springfield, MA. The local rep had a kiosk set up with video and samples.
When I told him of my intent to cut and weld some porous sections in my 3A
trunk floor and spare tire tub, he suggested the "floor pan restoration kit".
It wasn't cheap, but I bought it with the intention of saving myself some time
and ultimately getting a higher quality repair (I'm not a very good
weldor......yet).
Anybody care to enlighten me on a similar situation? How did you like the
results? I've worked with fiberglas on my boat.......is it much different?
The badly rusted and porous samples that were treated were perfect.
TIA
Bob Stahlbush
66 MGB GHNL 3L 78708 (trophy winning driver)
60 TR-3A TS 76779 L (give me another year)