Oil cooler and thermostat

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil cooler and thermostat
From: "Arthur H. Smith" <arthurhsmith@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 18:17:19 -0500
here is my  2p

Some one all ready brought this reasoning up.
Besides lubricating the engine the oil also cools the engine. See VW
Beatles.....
An oil cooler is for running your engine in hot temps, while the thermostat
in an oil cooler line is for when you run your car in cold climates. If the
oil gets cooled too much then the engine will not run at a proper temp.

>I purchased a disconnect at a local discount auto parts store for about
$4.  It
>also a quick theft deterrent for the casual thief.

Locking hood pins helps also.....