RE: TR6 - Was Idle Drop Problem::: Now Surge Problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, "'Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov'" <Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov>
Subject: RE: TR6 - Was Idle Drop Problem::: Now Surge Problem
From: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 17:48:14 -0500
I don't think float chamber issues would affect fuel/air mixture.  Float
chamber is merely a reservoir of fuel waiting to be sucked into the chamber.
When you said the idle drop occurred on deceleration, my first thought was
the oil dampers that are supposed to slow the drop of the piston in
Stromberg carbs.  The reason this devise exists is to ensure a consistent
fuel mixture when you suddenly let off of the throttle.  If your oil pot is
empty or something else is causing the piston in the carb to drop quickly,
it would alter the mixture.  I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.