RE: insurance, "stated value"

To: "'DANMAS@aol.com'" <DANMAS@aol.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: insurance, "stated value"
From: "Stinocher, Bryan D." <bdstinocher@sewsus.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 10:41:40 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Interesting article. Had the same type of experience with my two Toyotas
after a hail storm here in Bowling Green in April of last year. My insurance
company (who shall remain nameless, buy not initialless: S.F.) appraised my
two cars at below what it was estimated it would cost to fix them, and
refused to cover ANY damage to the interior other than to vacuum them out
(to get the glass and water). These cars were soaking wet inside (both cars
lost the back windows (the hail was as big as baseballs), and since I work
in the wire harness industry, and we supply Toyota, I knew that any water
damage would have long term problems (electric terminals don't take well to
water). They told me to "not worry about it, they would be sure that
everything was taken care of". They should have stopped at "taken". Needless
to say, I dropped them, and if it weren't required, I'd do without
altogether. I learned the hard way that they have absolutely no qualms in
taking your money, but prying it from their greedy paws is another story
altogether. And I'm not alone in town that had a bad experience with these
guys. I was told that their strategy to is wear you down (since you are the
one in discomfort and with other things that you have to tend to) until you
give in.

This was the first and last time this will happen to me. The first words out
of my mouth in the event of anything like this is "You'll be talking to my
lawyer". It seems to help...

Thanks.

Bryan Stinocher
bdstinocher@sewsus.com