TR6 Idle Drop

To: triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: TR6 Idle Drop
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 11:37:36 -0500
 I thought I had cured my idling problem by changing fuel line hoses but I'm
still getting a 200 RPM drop about every 15-20 seconds as the engine idles, it
then it bounces back to the 850-900 RPM setting.  I remember some other folks
had this problem awhile back, but I don't recall any solutions.  What could be
causing a fluctuation problem such as this.  Is there something that would surge
electrically or in the fuel system that would cause it to act like that?  It's a
cyclic idle drop so I don't think it's a vacuum leak.  I've tried to check or
secure every potential vacuum leak that I could think of.

I have a new fuel pump, new jets in the carbs, new plug wires, new points and
condenser, new distributor cap and rotor.

Advice on where (and how) to look next?

Thanks in Advance

Bud  71TR6 CC57365
        71TR6 CC65446