RE: no snow here

To: "'Andrew R. Lindberg'" <andylindberg@earthlink.net>, Frank Crowe <thecrowes@hotmail.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: no snow here
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 08:08:02 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Au Contraire,

Black ice forms on the pavement (usually on overpasses or on deep shade)
when moisture (fog) condenses on the roadway in those areas. Very thin
coating almost invisible and very very slick. Ooops... off the road and down
the mountain ravine in a heartbeat. Happens on the roads of northern CA all
the time in the winter when the temperature hovers around the freezing
point. Nasty bit of business. Happens in S. CA too by the by...I've seen it
in Santa Barbara. Remember we CA left coasters live no more than a couple of
hundred miles from alpine environments. If we are so inclined we can
experience the worst of just about every kind of weather condition from
desert heat to artic cold and beyond.

Shivering in the cold and fog in Snata Rosa

Deano