End of season drive... in the snow

To: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: End of season drive... in the snow
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 08:15:03 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I pulled the apron and bonnet off my 1960 TR3A in preparation of a winter
storage and work which will include a major engine rebuild and steering box
rebuild.

I was planning on moving the car into the back of the garage, where she
winters broadside across the back of our deep garage this past Saturday,
when we had some nice snow.  As I backed up into the street to turn the car
around for parking in her winter spot, I was wearing far too few clothes for
a long ride.  As the snow crunched under my tires, I though, "the town was a
little slow getting the plows out..... and the roads were still covered with
untracked snow.   What a blast.  I drove my TR3 a bit through the snow,
making sure to stay off the salted roads.  I've got nice new tires, but
every heavy blip of the throttle brought the rear end sliding happily
around. Soon enough though, my hands and ears were getting numb and it was
time to go home.  My wife told me she wished she had a camera to take a
picture of me and the car, both covered in snow; steam rising off the engine
when the snow hit the manifolds.

Have a great winter everyone,

Jack