3.45 rear ends

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu>, "'thunderbolt@techheadnet.com'" <thunderbolt@techheadnet.com>
Subject: 3.45 rear ends
From: "Janssen, Lee K" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 05:38:54 -0700
>Bob Kamholtz wrote:
>I am looking for a 3.45 ring & pinion for a TR4 diff. The reason is better
>gas mileage and more top end. This will be used for my kit-car.

I have used both the 3.7 and 3.45 differentials. If  you are currently
running a 3.7 differential I doubt that you will notice enough of a
difference to justify the cost.
New 3.45 ring and pinions are available from all of the major suppliers for
about $300.
3.45 differentials were not (to the best of my knowledge) imported into the
US with the exception of the TVRs which used a Triumph differential similar
to the TR6.
If you want to import a used 3.45 differential or ring and pinion you can
import one from Australia but shipping costs usually equal the cost of the
parts.
For further information on an Australia connection try one of the following
outfits:

"British Auto Care" http://www.bac.com.au

"Terry & Cindy O'Beirne" <esp@hypermax.net.au>

Usual disclaimers apply