TR6 Rear End Seal

To: <triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: TR6 Rear End Seal
From: "Kim and Kelly Alford" <alfords@seanet.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 07:24:31 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello All,
        I'm looking for a consensus on the ease of replacement of a differential
axle seal on a 71 TR6.  It would appear that removing the axle at the
differential flange is pretty straightforward.  But my concern is how easy
is it to remove the axle shaft that the seal surrounds?  I see in the manual
that a single nut holds the shaft on, but will a wheel puller ,(and a lot of
penetrating lube), be required?  As you are all aware, it's pretty tight
under the car.  Also, will the job require a seal removal tool?
Thanks,  Kelly D. Alford

71 TR6
alfords@seanet.com