GT-6 CV joints in lieu of Rotoflex

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT-6 CV joints in lieu of Rotoflex
From: Aribert_Neumann%MIMCO@magna.on.ca
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 15:47:10 -0500

I joined the list recently and have been lurking the past few weeks.  My
LBC is a modified '71 GT-6 MK3:  Spit body, 2.5L TVR (TR-6) engine with
triple webbers& aluminum flywheel, OD trans and 3.27 diff.  I have owned
this car for the past 10 years.  First two years as a stock coupe.
Previous LBCs: '78 Spit, '71 TR-6 and '72 MGB

I am tired of replacing the Rotoflex couplings every two years and plan to
modify the drive axles for use with CV joints.  I have seen one GT-6 with
CV joints.  Unfortunately the owner did not know of the CV (donor vehicle)
origin.  Anyone else on the list know of this modification?  Suggestions on
which CV joints to use?  I have received info from Grassroots Motorsports
about a Lotus that they profiled that had this swap done.  The Lotus owner
used VW CV joints.  Comments please.

Also looking for a spare set of drive axles/hubs for a MK3 GT-6.  Condition
of the Rotoflex joint is of no concern - I don't want to butcher up my
current parts in case I don't like the results/fit of my CV joint upgrade.
Please e-mail me direct if you have spare parts you are willing to part
with, and please include your price.  In case the above e-mail is down, my
alternative e-mail is:  aribert@c3net.net