Hey!! TR7 stuff

To: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hey!! TR7 stuff
From: "Byron N. Brashears" <brashears@hughes.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 18:50:01 -0800
Well like an idiot I replaced the Head on my '79 TR7 due to low pressure
in #4. Turned out to be the rings. Pulled out the pistons and the top
ring on #4 was AWOL and the 2nd ring was broken. Does any one know what
the numbers on the top of the pistons mean? Three read H77 and one reads
F7, all have a G in the crotch of a chevron (^).

When reading the manual it suggest replacing the big end bearings each
30K and the mains each 50K. I drive 128 miles a day going to work, if I
keep this up I may as well just keep a spare engine on hand or it might
be time to buy a toyota (just for work and rainy days of course), Naaaa,
I'll buy the '81 TR7 Spyder I found in the junk yard last week, they
want $1200, of course it doesn't run but neither does my '79, and the
'81 has the original alloy wheels and fuel injection, of course the
roughens left the top down.

Byron in Sunny California
76 TR7  FHC
79 TR7 DHC