Need help with TR6 steering rack

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Need help with TR6 steering rack
From: Vito Pacione <vito@argohouston.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 15:16:52 -0600
I am finally done with the front suspension and am trying to get the front
rack rebuilt.

The manual says to use gear oil to lubricate the rack, but mine had grease
in it. Should oil be used and filled using the pinion fill bolt, or should
I find a way to grease it?

The manual also shows that the fill bolt on top of the pinion housing has a
ground strap attached to it. I don't remember taking one off of here, and
my photos of when I was disassembling it don't reflect it either. Is it
supposed to be grounded, and if so, is it part of the main harness, or is
there a grounding strap?

I am looking for a new old stock 145377 lower steering u-joint (fits on to
pinion). The new ones don't look the same. Does anyone know of any?

Please reply to my e-mail address. I don't know how long I will be on the
list. Every time I sign back on, it kicks me out within two days and I just
end up staying off until I need it again. It's just too much trouble
signing back on every two days.