caliper pistons

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: caliper pistons
From: Cliff Pike <cpike@mgl.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 13:34:30 -0500
Listers,
I need to replace the caliper pistons for the front brakes, and have
considered making new ones myself. However, I seem to recall someone at
some point telling me that these should be made from stainless steel, as
the brake fluid will react with carbon steel over a period of time. If
this is the case, why would there not be a problem with the tubing,
fittings and calipers themselves? Has anyone had experience with this?
The list has been a great help to me so far, and I appreciate the
assistance and advice provided here. On that note I wish all a joyous
Christmas, and a happy and prosperous new year.
Regards,
Cliff Pike
58 TR3A  TS30767LO
66 Spitfire4 MKII  FC85163