TR 4a, 250, 6 Windshield Frame Attachment

To: "The Triumph, List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR 4a, 250, 6 Windshield Frame Attachment
From: Joe Sholtes IV <joeiv@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 18:46:55 -0500
Fellow Mid-Year Enthusiasts,

   I am reassembling my TR 250's windshield frame onto its body.  This
car had tonneau stud plates attached to the three bolts at the inside
base
of the windshield frame.
I cannot accurately remember if the tonneau stud plates went underneath
the triangle cover plates (not to be confused with the triangle tabs of
the
windshield frame) or on top of them.  If the triangle plates go on top
of the
tonneau stud plates, this will cause them to be flattened as the bolt is
tightened,
but this seems to be how I remember things.
  I would be interested in original, unrestored cars as referrence
points, as I am
trying to be factory-accurate, even if this means putting the triangle
plates on top.

                                         JOE IV
                                         TR 250
                           WALLINGFORD, CT. USA