TR3 new old valves

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 new old valves
From: Gbouff@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 22:10:59 EST
Thanks to all that responded.  Due to the suggestions that I received' the
engine head rebuild scenario ( after the holidays) will go as follows:

Send both heads to rebuilder with the extra valve stems, let him pick the best
of the litter
Plop down significant cash.
Have the rebuilder obtain and install hardened seats.
Plop down more cash.
Pick up and bring home.
Store in corner of garage.
Begin first phase of next project.

In regards to the suggestions on water pump rebuild, I have found a Massey
Ferguson distributor in Goshen, Connecticut.  I'll take a drive up some
Saturday and check it out, along with any parts that I'm trying to
rebuild/purchase.

Just a note, the answers to my question on head rebuiding was very consistant
from everyone.  Obviously, this is one repair that almost all TR owners get to
enjoy.

Thanks Again,
Gary Bouffard
TS 58399