Re: TR4 Steering Wheel

To: JBEley@4gl.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 Steering Wheel
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 00:41:52 EST
In a message dated 98-12-11 20:30:50 EST, JBEley@4gl.com writes:

> Here's a dumb request:  Does anyone have, or know of, an original or repro
> steering wheel for an early TR4?  I'm willing to pay the "right price -
a.k.a.
>  top dollar" for one in good condition.  TRF no longer has them.

Bill, if you find one in bad condition, there is an outfit in California which
will refurbish them for $125.  Mine is going in January.

>  Also, received my new addition Piggott's book today.  No sign of any TR4's
> with the TR3 shift boot.  I was perplexed by his statement that the release
> lip on the gas cap should face the driver (mine doesn't), but then I
realized
> he was talking about right-hand drive cars.  Us yanks should watch out for
> that easily-missed assumption!

Not so.  My car is LHD and as far as I remember the release was always on the
driver's side.  Sounds as if yours was switched by a PO.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner)