Bloody Spitfire

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bloody Spitfire
From: richard jackson <richard.jackson@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 12:49:07 +0000
Yep, these and a few more graphical terms were used by me this morning
to describe my long suffering Spitfire.  Yep, you guessed it, it broke
down today. I had just left home and the car was running like a
bag-o-sh*te, anyway, then I remembered that I had left the vacuum pipe
off the dizzy last night after I had checked the timing. So, I stopped,
popped the bonnet and put the pipe back on, by which time the car had
stalled(it was cold!!! bless!!) Anyway, got back in, churned it over a
few times.....nothing, then the bloody ignition switch started doing
it's strange little thing, whereby nothing would happen when the key was
turned, so I left the ignition on, got out, opened the bonnet(again) and
pressed the little button on the solenoid,
churn.....churn.....churn.........NO churn!!! nothing at all, the bloody
sodding thing would even turn when the solenoid button was pressed, yet
then engine hadn't been turning over sowly before to indicate the
battery was on it's way out!!!! Anyway, after getting the old boy(Dad)
to tow me home, I had to borrow the Panzer wagon(Volvo) to get to
work.......Uncool!!!!

Anyway, what d'ya reckon folks, duff solenoid or kapput battery.
Another thing, even got a big screwdriver and stuck it across the
contacts on the solenoid, but still nothing happened!! So I suppose that
would indicate the battery!!!

Anyway, all I can say is it's a good job I didn't have a spare gallon(UK
not US :-)) of petrol in the boot this morning, or the car might have
had a BBQ conversion!!! :-)

Rich