"The British Cars"

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: "The British Cars"
From: fred griffiths <griffco@cadvision.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 20:00:44 -0800
Picked up an unusual book at a second hand book store the other
day.  106 pages of colour photos of LBC's - AH, Lotus, MG, Morgan, Aston
Martin, and TR2 and TR4.
        The unusual thing is that the book is printed in Japan, 1982 (All
publishing info is only in Japanese), the car specs are in English and
all cars either have Japanese plates, or the plates have been blanked
out.  Owners are listed for each car - all Japanese names.  Some vehicles
have LHD, some RHD.
        The following 'poem' in English & Japanese in the front cover
says it all?
        "British Cars in 60's
        They are the starting point to us, car enthusiasts.
        Their engines, their instruments, their interior
        and their bodies create the atmosphere of British tradition.
        When we turn the small main key,
        when we put our eyes on Smith meters,
        when we polish three point Lucas,
        they become treasures to us, who love British cars.
        We have put these 21 British Sports Cars under one cover.
        Some are from good old days and some are new.
        They all are spendid cars which fascinate us."

It is Neko Pictorial Series 1.  Anyone seen any others in the series?
Cheers, Fred
Fred & Wendy Griffiths
Calgary, Canada
mailto: griffco@cadvision.com