Re: TR3 Control Head

To: Robert Dowdy <ABCDOWDY-METU@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Control Head
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 21:54:43 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Robert Dowdy wrote:

> Does anyone on the list have expanded view of the Control Head, I have
> taken mine apart and in order to replace the wire harness, there is a
> screw behind the horn push button opposite the signal switch which
> doesn't seem to catch on and threads, have I possibly lost a small nut.
> Thank for any help.

I have a Standard-Triumph Spare Parts Catalogue with an exploded view of
the control head. Unfortunately, it does not show any screws, bolts or
nuts - nor does it mention them in the parts list. It does list a
"Set-Sundry Parts", Part number 501034, but does not illustrate or
describe the contents of said "Set". Also looked in my Bentley manual
and couldn't find it there either. Apparently, you're supposed to use
Super-Glue to hold it together!

Perhaps someone who's "been there, done that" can help, but I struck
out. Sorry - I tried.
--
Michael Ferguson
Vernon CT