RE: Vinyl (or other) Upholstery -question, and interchangeability?

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Vinyl (or other) Upholstery -question, and interchangeability?
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 19:24:29 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
I started the thread about leather seats in the spit, and I'd be willing to get
together a list of people that might want to do this and call around to see
what kind of deal we can get.  though, like ryan says, there are at least 4
different types of spit seats that I know of: mk. I, mk. II & III, mk. IV, and
1500 (unless the IV and 1500 are the same, I don't know).  the mk. II and III
are the same to my knowledge.  I'd have to find out if a manufacturer would be
willing to give a discount for different types of seats, or would they have to
be all the same?  color is also a consideration.  again, I assume black would
be the best way to go if they all have to be the same, but if they don't, well,
I guess the sky is the limit.

so, if y'all want to e-mail me your mk. type and preferred color, I'll make a
list and see what can be done.  I'll have to wait until my last final is
finished this wednesday, but after that, I'm free.

oh, along these same lines, does anyone know if other tr seats match any spit
seats?  I'm thinking specifically of tr2/3 seats or maybe tr4 seats in early
spits.  I'm not up on the exact years, but wasn't the tr3 in the early '60's
and the tr4 in the mid/late '60's?  maybe there was some parts-bin engineering.
 something else we could bargain down with.