Re: Spit factory hardtop parts wanted

To: Chris Oliver <coliver@sprintmail.com>
Subject: Re: Spit factory hardtop parts wanted
From: "Johnny Storm: International racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 15:49:13 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Chris Oliver wrote:

> Hi, hopefully somebody out there has the two short tie bars that bolt to
> the soft top frame and go up into the side sockets on the inside of the
> factory hard top.  I need both sides, thanks, also if someone could
> cross post this to the spit list, thanks, Chris

You don't need those!! I regularly ran my tin-top without them, with a
full roof box at fast speeds! I also used brass bolts at the front (made
by my goodself on a super seven lathe!).

However i will say that I'm not responsible if your finest antique dining
table falls of while transported on said roof!!

     Johnny '70 Viterald