Re: Turbo or Supercharge??

To: bollen@ibm.net
Subject: Re: Turbo or Supercharge??
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 15:21:35 -0800 (PST)
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Sun, 6 Dec 1998 bollen@ibm.net wrote:

> What about nitro? I saw a TR6 so equipped at the TRF party. Looked very
> professional. Unfortunatel;y, the owner was not around. Seems like a cheaper
>way
> to get another 50HP.Anybody been there, done that???

Not cheaper in the long run; nitro has a habit of making engines wear
very, very quickly.

You also only get 90 seconds (at best) worth of 50HP... and I think if you
let it run for more than 5 seconds (?) then you risk grenading something
important...

Myself I think I'd transplant a Supra 6 to maintain the exhaust note...
and tune it up into the 300-400 HP range :-)

But for now, my 4 cylinders will have to do.  Anyone wanna buy a web page
so I can get my carbs rebuilt?  hee hee

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm