Caught a Prince of Darkness!!!!

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Caught a Prince of Darkness!!!!
From: Jim Leavitt <jleavitt@medai.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 14:58:51 -0500
Fellow listers,

I am on another mailing list that pertains to microprocessors.  There
was recently mail on that list that would be of interest to Triumph
folks, especially TR-7 owners.

A fellow on that list mentioned having been employed at one time by
Lucas.  Another lister immediately identified him as a "Prince of
Darkness" (Where have I heard that before?).  Here is his response
(snipped a bit):

"...Whilst I admit to being incarcerated at Lucas my sentence was only 8
months :-)

I am old enough to remember the TR7, but not old enough to have been
involved.

What I do know is that the headlight motors are, in fact, hacked wiper
motors.

In defence of myself, and my ex-collegues, the biggest limitation in
working for the (former) UK car companies was their penny pinching
attitude.)

Jim