Re: Parking Brake Boot (TR2/3/4)

To: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Subject: Re: Parking Brake Boot (TR2/3/4)
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 17:00:54 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-12-01 19:40:29 EST, KTRIUMPH writes:

> Yeah that's about it. If you check a parts manual you'll find that an od
> trans uses a longer speedo cable (96") than a standard gearbox. The fact
that
> it's on the other side of the car has a lot to do with this.

Factory parts manual only shows that they are different parts.  It doesn't
expalain the difference.

>  Regards
>  Ken Nuelle

Ken, thanks.  Learn something new everyday.  As I said in my earlier E-mail I
wasn't sure why the cutout was on the right side of the trans tunnel (although
the handbrake pawl is located there).  Now I know.  Makes sense costwise that
they would cut all the trans tunnels out even if the car did not have OD. :-).

Question for you, if you could?  If your trans tunnel has the cutout, mine
doesn't as I said - what do you see behind the seal - the speedo connection
and/or the handbrake pawl?  Thanks much.  Cheers.

Art Kelly