Re: TR3B Engine Rebuilding: What Order

To: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3B Engine Rebuilding: What Order
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 11:41:31 -0800
Dave,
  I just had the head rebuilt on my TR-3 and it was evident just looking at
it that letting it sit was asking for rust, so I would be inclined to have
them both ready at the same time.  BTW, the front of the Moss catalogue has
neat goodies for head rebuilds. Wish I had seen it *before*.
   John Cowan

At 05:51 PM 11/30/98 -0800, you wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>I've got a question as to what is the best order to do some things during my
>rebuild. Should I completely clean up and reassemble the block while the
>head stays grungy and wrapped in a plastic bag; or should I get both the
>block and head cleaned up at the same time (and therefore, reassembled at
>more or less the same time). I would prefer to concentrate solely on the
>block until it is done; but I worry about after re-assembly will problems
>arise if the block with all nicely cleaned and lubed components has to sit
>awhile and wait for the head to catch up?
>
>Thanks for any advice from those who've already been there and done that!
>
>Dave Moag
>77 Spitfire
>62 TR3B (now a frame and a suspension)

Visit - In Their Own Words Website - an on-line non-commercial publishing
experiment, plus movie reviews, articles and Left/Progressive links at:
                           http://home.earthlink.net/~jfcowan