Re: Buy an angel grinder?

Subject: Re: Buy an angel grinder?
From: richard jackson <richard.jackson@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 09:34:27 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> The angle grinders are a fantastic tool.  I bought a Dewalt DW402 with
> the metal head for about $80 and love it.  There is a noticeable
> difference in harbor freight quality, but at $20 you could buy 4, so go
> for it.  In addition to the grinding disk, get a cutting blade, cupped
> wire wheel, and disk wire wheel.
>
> Also try the switch.  I used a friends Hitachi and don't like the way the
> switch works (my preference - others like it).
>
> I like electric because the electric cord is more flexible than an air
> hose.  This makes a difference in confined areas.
>
> Also remember safety.  Always wear eye protection and gloves.  If you're
> making dust add a dusk mask or respirator.

As another tip, DON'T sit on the floor, cross legged cutting a sill(oops,
sorry rocker panel) of a 1966 Austin A40, as ocassionally the wheel tends to
grip the metal and throw the grinder downwards through your jeans and into
your leg!!!! ouch!!! Don't ask how I know!!!!

Name the workshop tool or chemical, and I've injured myself with it,
including electrocuting myself with arc welders, drills, paintstripper and
thinners in my eyes, now that BLOODY hurt!!! etc etc :-)  Also nearly crushed
my brother with a Jensen Interceptor once Ha Ha

Rich