Re: tonneau snaps and SU carbs

To: "George R. Parker" <gpark@crosslink.net>
Subject: Re: tonneau snaps and SU carbs
From: "Johnny Storm: International racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 11:39:05 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, George R. Parker wrote:

 I'd like to drive with the tonneau
> on.  However, over 50mph or so, the wind buffets the cover enough that the
> *leading* edge lifts off of the posts.

  I'm afraid the answer is very laborious and expensive, stretch an
elastic band between the two posts to retain the tonneau. Alternatively
use an old jackson wheeze (!) and tilt the passenger seat forward to
tension the material.
                        Johnny '70 Viterald 15/70 estate

I've often thought of changing it