Re: TR3A Cranking RPM question

To: <Gbouff@aol.com>, <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR3A Cranking RPM question
From: "Lawrence R Zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 05:04:37 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Gary,
What is the cranking amps of the marine battery?  Is it designed for deep
cycling or is it a starting battery?  A deep cycle battery may not have the
cranking amps required to turn over a high compression engine.  You should
have a minimum of 500 CCAs with a preference to 700 of higher.

Your battery may be fine, did you check the starter for excess resistance on
your field coil and armature?  You could need a new starter if either is
shorting out.

Larry Zink
Z Group Racing and Performance
Houston, Texas