TR 6 wiring diagram (mystical circles)

To: bandrece@accessus.net
Subject: TR 6 wiring diagram (mystical circles)
From: Bob Sykes <s1500@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 14:24:22 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Frank wrote:

> Starting to tackle the wiring harness in my 76 TR6 to find some faults.
> Looking at the wiring diagram in the owners handbook, does anyone know the
> significance of the circles with the X in the cenetr where wires join?
> Also, what do the circles that have the darkened hourglass shapes in them
> represent?  The starter relay seems to go off to nowhere. Any ideas on the
> colors of the two wires off the right side of the starter relay?

Frank,

These are crop circles.  Seemingly randomly placed by Lucas Prince of
Darkness.  Their true meaning is known only to him.  According to TV
documentaries, all crop circles up to 1992 were made by two simple,
elderly men called Doug and Dave. It has since been discovered that
the D&D story originated from the British Ministry of Defense.
Evidence supplied by a high-ranking informant in the M.O.D proves
the government had every intent to discredit the phenomenon by
putting forward two hoaxers in an effort to quell growing public
interest in crop circles.

Seriously, they appear to represent multi-pin connectors.  Their use
is so inconsistent within schematics and across different model-
year schematics, that I wouldn't rely on them too much.  Sorry I
can't help with the starter relay ;-)

--
Bob Sykes
.sig on holiday