Re: Troubleshooting an alternator

To: bills@pagesz.net
Subject: Re: Troubleshooting an alternator
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 17:48:46 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< If I have a constant drain from a short, does anyone have suggestions on
 how to isolate that?
Turn everything off and assuming you have no clock/stereo remove one of the
battery terminals. Check volts between the terminal and the cable end. Should
be zero. If you get a voltage reading you have a short.

 And, is there a way to isolate the alternator to see if it is working or
 would work without the drain?
Take it to your local auto parts store with a tester. This is usually free.
Another way is to start the car and disconnect the battery. If it dies you
have little or no output from the alternator.

 Thanks in advance for the help I'm sure I'll receive. >>

You bet!
Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B