Re: TR6 Restoration Update

To: DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Restoration Update
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 09:58:08 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

I'm going to hazard a guess at you valve recession thing...

I'm presuming we're talking TR6 engine, more or less stock with twin Z.S.
175's... if not - ignore this posting.

Seeing that the head warped a bit a the 2 - 3 interface and seeing that
clys 1, 2 & 3 had some valve recession, I might suggest that you had a weak
mixture there. Just a thought.

On the "zero lash" thing, if in fact the valves that were set to no lash
happened to be the exhaust valves for 1, 2, & 3 - then your problem is
fully defined. You will (as I'm sure you know) burn the valve seats if the
lash is set too tight.

To the folks from the 'States out there - Happy T-day. To the Native
Americans out there - Sorry!

That's my tuppence.

rml
TR6's