RE: Triumph Suppliers

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Triumph Suppliers
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 21:15:27 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I just wanted to put my .02 worth in.  I very much agree with Dean
Paige's comments, but they also apply here in Indiana, as well as
California.  I have just purchased my second spitfire a few months
ago.  The last one I had was 15 yrs ago, I sold it because I basically
just drove it into the ground.  I can remember the difficulty getting
parts and getting answers to my questions.  It is actually much, much
easier today than it was then.  This Triumph List is the one of the
very big reasons. Moss Motors is the other.  The people there actually
know what is going on and will "help" you.  That is really great, and
I truly appreciate them.  Lisa in their customer service department is
one of the best customer service reps I have ever dealt with, in any
business.  She went well beyond the call of duty to help me with a
major UPS screw-up.  (if anyone wants comic relief, ask me for the
tracking number and see what they did!).  I have also bought from
other parts suppliers so to establish an account with them, however
Moss has out performed them so far.  The others may be just as good
too, I'm sure, this is just my personal experience.  Let's not talk
down a company just because they do not "feature" our preference.  I'm
very glad to have several, reasonably priced sources.   Heck, I may
even own an Austin Healy one day.  But that will not effect my first
love - Spitfires.

This Thanksgiving I wish to that each and every one of you on this and
the spitfire list.  This is such a great "community" that I am proud
to be a member of.  Thanks for all the help and answers to my
questions.