Re: KromE Plating

To: 66austin@mursuky.campus.mci.net
Subject: Re: KromE Plating
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 08:25:17 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

In short - buy a new one. I've gotten estimates for this job. They were
very high. $250 - $350. There's a lot of labor to do that job. A
replacement is around $150. Cheaper plating than original, but possibly
better lookin' that what you got.

Any good chrome shop could do the job for you, just look in the Yellow Pages.

Good luck. FWIW, I was amazed when I got the estimates (this was around 4
years ago). I figured $100 tops. And the last guy I talked to was the
cheapest - by far - of the vendors that I talked to.

Don't get me going about chrome plating... suffice to say: we're talking
about heavy metals here and there are environmental concerns. So, we pass
laws to protect ourselves and then the work goes to some poor unsuspecting
country... whoops, I started to get going... Sorry!

Seriously, I bought a new one from Moss. It works fine. Still looks okay
after 4 years and hauling my Hoosier race tires all over the country.

C ya,
rml
Tr6's