Re: tech: parts storage question

To: spitlist@gte.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: tech: parts storage question
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 02:25:18 EST

> Thanks, I was searching my tired memory banks for that word.  I remember
>  that was what the Army used to protect parts that were surplus after
>  WW2.  I recall somebody buying a surplus Harley Davidson motorcycle and
>  had to completely strip the bike down to remove all the stuff before he
>  could make it go.

Joe, not only after WWII - also during - the Pa. National Guard Division
(nick-named the 'Bloody Bucket") that was decimated in the Battle of the Bulge
still had their weapons in Cosmoline.  They were in the Huertgen Forest for a
"rest and training" period after arriving from the States.  God bless them
all.

Never know what you'll get on this list. :-).

Art Kelly