In search of wisdom... Is this the right place?

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: In search of wisdom... Is this the right place?
From: "Mike & Mary Smith" <mysmithnc@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 08:37:30 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I have a couple of general questions.

1.    Thanks to an e-repair by Dan Masters, I have overdrive for the first
time in my life.  Is it considered proper to use the clutch when shifting in
or out of o/d to avoid the "clunk" or does one simply click it in and click
it out?   I confess to rarely using the clutch when shifting, anyway, and it
seems odd to have to find that pedal when cruising in high gear.

2.  The Fab 4A is my third roadster, but I've not been caught in the rain
yet.  How dry are the square TRs  (4-5-6)? I know the side curtain TRs are
notoriously wet.  My Fiat Spider was very dry- at any speed over 35mph or
so, you just didn't get wet.  The Midget, on the other hand, was a monsoon
creator.  At any speed, you got soaked.  What can I expect in the TR4A?
Should I just plan to "Miata-ize" it and put the top up just because it's
raining?

TIA,

 Mike in Asheville
 CTC57208LO